Jim (born circa December 1, 1986) is Junie B.'s Kindergarten rival. He teases her early on in the series. In "Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday", he didn't invite her to his party, even though his mom told him to give out invitations to the whole class. He also called her "Goony Bird Jones". But in Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine, he admits he has a crush on her through the valentine and they eventually become friends. In "Junie B. Jones is a Graduation Girl", after he heard about Junie B.'s grape juice accident, he tells the class to color their white gowns and caps with markers so Junie B. wouldn't be different. Like several other Kindergarten children, he isn't seen in the First Grader Series.
- Jim is one of three characters to have their grandma shown in the books. The others are Junie B. and Lucille.
- In Junie B. Jones Has a Peep in Her Pocket, Jim still teases Junie B. despite admitting he likes her in the previous book.
- He does not officially befriend her until Graduation Girl.
- He is one of three boys to be attracted to Junie B., the others being Ricardo and Warren.
- There is a possibility that Herb likes Junie B. but it is not confirmed.
- Jim is one of the few characters to start on a bad note with Junie B. but end on a good note. The others are Oliver "Ollie" Jones, Principal, and Grace(when Grace was known as "the curly girl").